What side effects did you experience being on metoprolol(lopressor) ?

I take half of a 25mg in the morning and the other half at dinner time. I ve been dizzy, cold, tired, haven t been sleeping well, felt like my heart is racing and sometimes my blood pressure or my pulse are up in between doses. I m waiting to hear back from my cardiologist. I have a digital blood pressure monitor that I use to take my blood pressure and pulse. My bp was 130/96 this morning and my pulse was 96 before medication. Usually my diastolic blood pressure is higher. I have been on lopressor since April 27th. Before that I was on hctz.
Tue, 22 Jun 2010