Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

How does 'Levosimendan' treat Left bundle branch block?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Cardiologist, Interventional
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 424 Questions
I am a patient with a condition called Left Bundle Block. A relatvely new drug was used to treat my condition with promising sucess called Levosimendan at the American Hospital in Paris It is hoped That further treatment with Levosimendan may help me avoid resorting to a pacemaker type implant. The medication is only begining to betried in the U.S. and is not widly available here yet. Would a course of treatment with Levosimendan be available In Thailand or an other country with medical tourism ?
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: It seems like you have not got few facts right Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, Thanks for query. But for me it looks like you have not completely got what your doctor has explained. Let me try and discuss few things 1. LBBB is not a condition or Disease and it is only ECG finding. 2. Going by the treatment plan and your response to therapy it looks like you are suffering from dilated cardiomyopathy and decompensated Heart failure which is now stabilised. 3. Levosimendon is drug belonging to class called Calcium sensitsor and effectively it is known to improve the efficincy of the heart to an extent but acutely. 4. CRT or cardiac resynchronisation therapy is the form of therapy is what you are talking as pacemaker treatment. Yes there are many medicnes which can help you at this stage but there is no much data on it being prevented by Levosimendon but class of drugs called ACE inhibitors and Beta blockers are known to delay progression need for CRT. Hope you are already on it. Regarding availability of Levosimendon in Thailand I am not sure but its available in India
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor