Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What should a diabetic in her fifties do to stop her periods which occur once in four months since she is getting symptoms of menopause ?

I am a 55year old diabetic. I am now on insulin for about 6 months. For the past 3 years I am showing signs of menopause but my periods have not stopped. Every four to six months since the past 3 years I am meeting the gynaecologists and taking medicines on and off. I even underwent a D&C last year. None of these helped. Now for the past four five months, I have had periods with bleeding as if it is from a fresh wound . I have lost a bit of weight also over the last two years. Please suggest what course of action I need to take.
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
yes you do need hysterectomy,because
1 you have diabitis
2 your periods are not stopped at age which it should stoped.
3 you have wt loss,
4 constant periods,
best way to get rid of this all trouble,get it opereted,dont suuffer.
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
  User's Response
better you consult an OBG doctor and take the necessory examinations like USG AND along with the recommend of endocrinologist.
surgery from modern side will be suggested same time you can go for an ayurvedic doctor who is specialized in this field at your area. if not
contact me
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor