Suggest treatment for increased levels of glucose during 25th week of pregnancy
my wife is 25 weeks pregnant.
We recently got RBS GCT Test on empty stomach with 50mg glucose[1 hour after] for her.
results are a follows:
Please suggest the demerits of having this level and also advice methods to reduce the count to the level expected as per Norms.
Proper medicines are needed.
Thanks for posting your query.
A level of 190 mg after a glucose stress test is abnormal and is suggestive of gestational diabetes. The increased levels of glucose can increase the baby's weight and predisposes the baby to certain birth defects that need to be ruled out by a level 2 scan at 20 weeks. You can get any malformation ruled out now also if it was not done earlier. She should avoid any carbohydrate diet and sugars. Insulin injection and glucose lowering agents may also be needed after consulting her gynecologist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for being anemic during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for nausea during pregnancy
- Suggest me the treatment of hepatitis during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for clitoris itching during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for high blood glucose levels
- Suggest treatment for hyperacidity during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for fever during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for constipation during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for back pain during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for cold during pregnancy
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...