Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

What should I do to gain weight ?

hi am 20 years old weight is 35 and height is 158..i hope am in under weight ..i have to rise up my weight ..pls say required tips hi am 20 years old .i was very lean .my weight 35 and height 158..i hope am in under weight...i could not increase my weight ..pls help to become fat ..
Asked On : Tue, 26 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Yes Dear akalyah,your are under weight as per your height.First of all look for any gross nutritional deficiency like iron,folic acid and other vitamins,your doctor will help with this.As far as diet is concerned take high protein diet containing more of pulses,eggs and other things.Take more of fruits and salads.Do regular exercise as it tones up body and increase muscle mass.It is possible that you may not gain weight very fast so keep patience.Depending upon basic structure you may gain weight or may not gain do not worry and be happy.
Answered: Tue, 26 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor