Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What should I do if I am suspicious about being a raynaud phenomenon victim ?

What should I do if I am suspicious about being a raynaud phenomenon victim ? As I am About to Shit to UK for My Higher Studies is it Advisable to Go in cold country.Because as its a common problem.what precaution should i take before moving there
Asked On : Tue, 13 Apr 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  306
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. When exposed to a cold weather in a Reynaud's phenomena patient, it causes vasoconstriction (constriction of the blood vessels) and can lead to serious complications.. These effects are predominantly be seen in exposed parts of the body such as the hands, fingers, feet and toes.. You can prevent these effects by the using woolen wears and avoiding exposure to low temperature..

Answered: Sat, 17 Apr 2010
OBGYN Dr. Nilima Ghosh Hajra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
you should avoid exposure to cold if you are having raynaud's phenomenon
the under lying disease should be diagnosed
any systemic illness to be excluded like s l e
hope you be all right

Answered: Mon, 21 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Raynaud's is peripheral digital ischemia due to vasospasm precipitated by cold or emotion.Fingers and toes ache and change colour from pale to blue to red.This may be idiopathic( Raynaud's disease) or have an underlying cause( Raynaud's phenomenon).Exclude underlying causes like SLE,rheumatoid arthritis,thrombocytosis,Hypothyroidism,Buerger's disease etc.Treatment is keep warm and stop smoking.If severe consult your physician for medication.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Mon, 21 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor