White spots on thumb. Put lotion on it, one spot disappeared. Causes?

Hi, After taking a shower I noticed that my right handed thumb had two spots of an extreme white as if I had ready to peel skin !, once I put lotion on the big one disappeared but still have the small one. I immediately searched for it in the Internet & all I got was something called Raynaud syndrome , but I m completely sure that s not it because it was only two small spots & not the whole finger & the big spot disappeared once I put lotion on! Any ideas of what it might be ?? Thank you!
Tue, 13 Aug 2013