Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

What should I do for this lump on my leg which is painful ?

Hi, I have a lump that I have just noticed on my leg. It is between my ankle and knee . It is not painful to touch. It is the size of a golfball. It is on the side of my leg. Should I be worried? I haven t had any injuries to the area.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic forum
painless swelling in the leg without any other symptoms is most commonly lipoma or sebaceous cyst. consult the surgeon & get it operated after proper testing .
Wish you good health
Answered: Wed, 20 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

If you can pinch your skin above the lump then its a lipoma & if not then a sebaceous cyst.
Both these conditions are benign and have no serious side effects .Both can be removed by surgery.You can either consult a dermatologist or a surgeon for treatment.

Answered: Wed, 20 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor