question-icon

What causes backache on the right side below the waist while coughing?

Posted on Mon, 14 May 2018
Question: I've been having recurring pain on the right side of my back a couple of inches below my waist. it happens whenever I move or cough or sneeze.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (36 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Can be muscle related pain.

Detailed Answer:
A pain in the back that changes with change in the posture is suggestive of a muscle pain- can be a muscle spasm or a sprain. You need a hot compress local analgesic gel and oral muscle relaxants for proper relief. Do consult a physician for examination and proper prescription medicines.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon