Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What precautions should be taken for back pain?

hi ... I got slip disc problem in l4 n l5 .... Recently got a sever back pain Bec of which was admitted to hospital for 3 days ... During which They gave tracktion n few medicines. Now doctor has asked to take 2 weeks bed rest and also has give painkillers because of which gettin burning sensation in stomach . What precaution i need to take care of so that i can get back to work. And also can i drink alcohol in between this like beer
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  138
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
u need to take some antacids along with the pain killers u ve been prescribed since pain killers(NSAIDs) cause hyperacidity and harmful for stomach mucosa...jus take ranitidine with the pain killers once or twice daily...
you should STRICTLY ABSTAIN from alcohol even it can harm ur stomach and can cause severe acidity reflux....
hope u get well soon
Answered: Thu, 19 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor