Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

What medicines to take for diabetes ?

am diabetic 42m,tested urinefound: Glu 500 mg/dl +++ Ery 10 e
Asked On : Sun, 25 Sep 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome.If you are saying yourself to be diabetic by only seeing sugar in the urine then it may not be correct.Better get blood sugar fasting and PP done and then it is to be decided that you are diabetic or not.High sugar in urine can be found after a heavy carbohydrate meal or in people having low renal threshold.Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 25 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
You have severe hyperglycemia, you should check your acetoe electrolyte and, renal
functions as well. There is need to control it immediately,and if already o oral anti
diabetic you should immediately switch over to Insulin,other wise also intial control
with insulin is advisable at this level, and if acetone level in blood is high and if
electrolytes are disturbed urgent hospitalisation as well is advisable other wise
diabetic keto acidosis is very serious complication, threatning to life if not treate timely.
Answered: Sun, 25 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor