Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

What medicines should I take to get periods regularly ?

hi doc.i m 24. married. last month i missed period & one doctor prescrived me allylestranol 10mg. after 7 days i had period but not clear. this month i m facing same problem. what can i do now?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, if you periods had been regular before marriage, and you missed it first time after marriage, then you must have been pregnant.Firstly you should have done a pregnancy test .Do the same now. It can be easily done at home with your urine sample.Then visit a Gynaec accordingly. Good Luck
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hello mou,

thanks for the query

hormonal problems cause irregular periods.You need to undergo some tests and a medical examination.You need a complete hormone profile done and an ultrasound.

Most common causes or irregular periods are thyroid dysfunction,PCOD ovarian cyst,high prolactin go for a detail evaluation

if all these are normal in test report then this can be treated by hormonal pills (which you are continuing now)

continue the pill at least 3 to 4 cycle to make the period regular

wish you good day and take care
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor