Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

What medicine should I give to my son who is suffering from cough and sore throat ?

Sir, My son suffering with wheezing with cough for the past two day. Now almost recovery from wheezing. Still now suffering with cough with throat infection. We are giving allopathic medicine viz. foracort 200 mcg, Asthalin 200 mcg with rotahaler. Can we give him hot milk with pepper for relief from cough?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  160
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
you can give him milk with pepper or pippali.this is good for opening various channels.Also if the wheezing is more,just apply some oil mixed with salt in the chest region and give some steam there.The blocked orifices will be opened and he can breathe freely
Answered: Sat, 19 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Yes you can,make sure the milk is lukewarm not very hot.Give him plenty of fluids orally.Give light diet.There is no medicine that you are giving for throat pain and infection if there is any.Please talk to your doctor and take treatment as per his advise.
wishing him speedy recovery.
Answered: Sat, 27 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor