Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

What medication should be taken for mumps as there is pain and swelling of salivary glads and difficulty in speaking ?

Hi I am 32 yrs old male; I am suffering from parotitis ( mumps ) for the past 45 days. One month back I went to a doctor with Jaw pain and swelling , he said I got parotitis and sunmandibular adenitis and prescribed me heavy antibiotics, which made me very weak; and then I consulted another doctor and he said I should not take antibiotics as mumps is a virus infection and since I took heavy antibiotics I got weak, so he asked me to stop the antibiotics and take complete rest and have orange juice. I used to have orange juice regularly (4-5 times per day), but i didnt get cured. Then when I was browsing 2-1/2 weeks back i found citrus fruit will aggravate parotitis (mumps)... and i stopped that also; now I feel the swelling of the salivary glands and pain, and one sided chills and very hard to speak...can anyone give me suggesstions of what to do? thanks in advance...
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that you might have stones in parotid gland duct causing this problem.
Mumps can not prolonged for so much of time.
Go for ultra sound to confirm stone or any other pathology in parotid gland.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 25 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor