What is Parotid gland?
The largest of the salivary glands situated in the parotid bed, inferior and anterior to the ear, on either side, extending from the angle of the jaw inferiorly, to the zygomatic arch superiorly, posteriorly to the sternocleidomastoid muscle, and medially into the infratemporal fossa, deep to the ramus of the mandible; it is subdivided into a superficial part (pars superficialis) and a deep part (pars profunda) by emerging branches of the facial nerve, and discharges in seromucous saliva through the parotid duct.
Questions and answers on "Parotid gland"
Health resources related to Parotid gland
- Parotid gland pseudocyst after facelift
- Treatment for parotid gland swelling through ayurveda
- Parotid gland and lymph node
- Cramp in parotid gland
- Parotid gland and eye twitch
- Parotid gland and ear pain
- Is tuberculosis in parotid gland curable
- Tumor in parotid gland lump what to do
- Swelling of breast and parotid gland
- Discharge from blocked parotid gland