Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What kind of treatment should b given after analysis from the MRI report ?

Hi, please find below MRI report of my wife. I m worried about her health condition, as she gets pain on her neck quite often. Kindly let me know, what kind of treatment she has to undergo to get cured? IMPRESSION: • RIGHT SIDED DISC-OSTEOPHYTIC COMPLEX AT C5-6 DISC INDENTING THE THECAL SAC AND MILDLY COMPROMISING THE RIGHT NEURAL FORAMEN. NO NERVE ROOT COMPRESSION. • EARLY CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS. • POSSIBLE TRANSITIONAL LUMBO-SACRAL VERTEBRA.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

I have gone through your query.

Based on the findings your wife is suffering from Cervical spodylosis.
You have not mentioned her age and her profession.

Cervical spondylosis is a common problem among women. Although seen in all the age groups it is usuallyseen in women above 35 years of age.

Your wife's condition is not serious as the MRI is showing early changes.

Osteophytes are excessiv bone groth secondary to stress or trauma to bones.

It is the pressure of osteophytes on the nerves that causes the symptoms.

As per the report they are not compressing neural structures so the problem is severe.

There are few precautions which needs to be taken apart from using medicines.
Try to avoid too much movement of neck. Do not use pillow while going to bed.

Coming to medications- Calcium supplements need to be taken. Along with them Anti inflammatory drugs must be used. Taking Preparations containing Vitamin B12 alone or in combination with Benfotiamine, thiamine and pyrridoxine would help. Few people require Vitamin B12 Injections.

If that does not give response you might have to use preparations containing gabapentin have to be used ( Not required for your wife as these are used in severe cases).

Get her Hemoglobin, Vitamin D3 and Calcium levels checked. Based on the values treatment can be initiated.
Please consult an orthpaedician or a neurosurgeon and take his advice.

If you can post the details of your wife's age , comorbid conditions ( Daibetes, Hypertension, thyroid problem or any gynaecological problems) and daily activities she does and profession, I can give you a better advice.

Hope you got the Answer you were looking for.

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

Take care
Answered: Thu, 3 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor