Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

What kind of medicine can i use for skin burn?

hi, my daughter suffered a burn due to bike silencer yesterday night. we didnt apply any cold water / ice pack & we applied burnol oinment. but the skin is white & the oinment is getting melted & pours down. today morning the skin is white & outer part its black in colour with a blister . what kind of medicine i have to use? is TT required?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
After going through your history you had burn due to hot silencer but what is the site and severity.
Is it superficial or deep burn, treatment depends on various aspect so it is better to consult a Surgeon and get it evaluated and apply proper dressings to prevent infection.
Usually in case of superficial burn Run cool water over burnt area gently clean the injured area,gently dry,apply antibiotic such as Silver Sulfadiazine,use a sterile bandage to cover burns.
Take tetanus vaccination, if required.Scars may develop,Restricts movement, if injury occurs at joint.
Please do not just treat yourself consult a Surgeon.
Hope this help
Take care.
Good Luck.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Answered: Tue, 11 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor