Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

What is this procedure/condition called ?

my grandfather has some kind of artery problem and he is having some kind of surgery , where they put a balloon in his arteries and blow it up so his arteries expand or something like that. i dont know exactly. u cant get the whole story from eavsedropping on ur parents. lol.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  196
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Your grandfather has blocked coronary arteries. A substance called plaque is probably responsible. A balloon catheter is inserted into the occluded arteries at the point of blockage and inflated. This causes the arteries to also expand, thus opening the arteries and allowing them to pass more blood through the heart.
Answered: Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor