Is bathing safe after an angiogram for brain stroke caused by a cerebral artery dissection?

Excellent

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
i had a angiogram for a stroke in my cerebellum caused by a cerebral artery dissection. this was in october 17th of this year. would it be okay to take a bath yet? i had one of those dissolvable plugs put it too.
Tue, 22 May 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can take bath

Detailed Answer:
Hi Jxxxxxxxxx, thanks for asking from HCM.

I can understand your concern. The cerebral artery dissection and cerebellar stroke occurred in October. Almost 2 months have passed since then. You can take bath without problem.

One thing keep in mind, avoid vigorous neck movement for at least 4 more months. Vigorous neck movements can cause arterial dissection.

Hope it will help you. If you any doubts, do let me know.
Thanks. Take care.