What does my CT scan report indicate?

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Mon, 21 May 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: Good Morning sir,
My mother aged 84 yrs got stroke on last monday (04/12/2017)morning at 7.00am. We admitted in xxx hospital. XXXXXXX .they taken CT scan and impression is
Lacunar infarcts in leftlentiform necleus. And repeat CT scan on next day impression is Acute infarct involving leftmiddle cerebral artery territory.
But Dr told No improvement and Right side totally not functioning.and only Nurshing care and physiotherapy we can improve.
Pl sir ,
Can we shift to xxxx xx hospital ?There is any chance to cure sir. We expecting your kind suggestion.
Thank you sir
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
With proper nursing care and physiotherapy there is high possibility.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. Stroke can be reversed if you come to hospital within 4 to 6 hours of onset of symptoms. In that period thrombolysis can done.
After that reversal of stroke is not possible. But with proper nursing care physiotherapy and drugs there is high possibility to improve. As one part of brain is non functional other part have to take over that. That you need to give training by physiotherapy. Drugs like citicholine is also good.
Complications usually occur is by aspiration. So better to use feeding tube if she is not swallowing.
A hospital with a physician experienced in neurology or neurologist is enough. No need hifi hospitals. This will take time to get improvement as neurological improvement is a slow process.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng