Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

What is this extra growth under my skin that stretches from my lower abdomen ?

Within the past 2 years I have lost about 80 pounds that took me from about 245 to a healthy 165. I have recently began to workout and after one of my workouts I felt a tight feeling in my side that felt like I strained a muscle down my ribcage and along my abdomen . I thought nothing of it it just felt tight. After a couple days I didn t notice any pain but when I stretch I can see and feel a noticeable growth under my skin that stretches from my lower abdomen and extends a long my ribcage. Any idea is this is muscle and workout related or something much more serious? It has been about a week and the growth is still present when I stretch a certain way.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Same user as the above.
I am also wondering if it is possible that I strained my oblique, either internal or external and if that would cause this lump to form. To line seems to follow the shape of my oblique.
Answered: Sat, 26 Mar 2011
  User's Response
Dear Andrew, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!
Its nice to know about your weight loss & also that you took time for it. Problem you have described cannot be diagnosed without a proper physical clinical examination. You may or may not have a hernia or muscle tear. Please consult a general surgeon for management ASAP. Good luck.
Answered: Sat, 26 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor