Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for yeast infection ?

I am an 18 yo female, and i have never been to the gynecologist . I think i have an yeast infection --symptoms including discharge, odor (worsens with my period), irregular period (has always been irregular), and itchiness. I know I should go to the doctor , but I was wondering what my first visit is going to be like. Will they do a real physical exam? What questions will they ask?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Some white discharge is normal. It is called Leucorrea. But if the itching is severe, there is a possibility of an yeast infection. But, it does not lead to irregular periods. You must see a gynaecologist for your irregular periods and do not worry, doctors are very gentle.
Answered: Thu, 17 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor