What is the treatment for stomach ache in a child?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here... Hello my 5 yr old daughter has been complaining of tummy ache and foul smelling flatus for over a year - all the docs hv only asked us to give her de-worming medicines and Dulphalac but she is still losing weight and still complaining of flatus and tummy ache. Is this amoebiasis? HOw do we detect the same? How do we treat her?
Mon, 2 Dec 2019
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response

Whatever you are describing is called Chronic Pain Abdomen in medical terms. The differential diagnosis of abdominal pain in children varies with age, gender, genetic predisposition, nutritional exposure and many environmental factors. The causes are many including - constipation / acid peptic disorders / inflammatory bowel disorders / irritable bowel syndrome / worm infestation etc. I suggest you see your pediatrician or a pediatric gastroenterologist for this.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician, Pulmonology