Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for high WBC count causing fever and cough in my child ?

My son is 3.6 yrs old,weight is 16kg, he born healthy, now since 2 months he is having mild caugh, mild fever , some time ear pain. consulted doctors, they have suggested anti biotics which he used, but in vain. agin after 2,days same fever and caugh will occur. recently one of the doctor did wbc test, which shows it counts 14700. Doctor said it is mild infection and suggested antibiotic CEFPROZ with adol and ventolin, which I am givng him since 5 days, but there is no improvment, his body still warm and he cant have proper food. I am so much worried, pls suggest me
Asked On : Wed, 20 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  472
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic forum
Get him investigated in more details to know the exact cause of fever .increased WBC suggest some kind if bacterial infection .as he is not responding to antibiotics ,I will suggest to go for blood culture sensitivity to know the drug that will be effective.after consultation with child specialist you should investigate in more details without failing.
Wish you good health
Answered: Wed, 20 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor