Suggest remedy for pain in throat and ear after recovering from cough and cold

Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 23 Dec 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I had cough and cold 2 weeks back and visited a ENT specialist. He told me I have heavy congestion of cough in my chest and gave me medicines. I took them for few days and felt better. for past 2-3 days, I have pain in my left side of throat and goes to left ear when I speak something. Can you suggest what's happening and what treatment should I take ?
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tonsillitis with referred otalgia

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your query; it suggests that you may be suffering from the acute tonsillitis with referred otalgia.
In this condition I personally prescribed
1. Tablet amoxicillin and clavulinic acid 625mg twice a day.
2. Hexidine mouth gargles.

If condition not improved then go for throat swab culture and antibiotic sensitivity and antibiotic according to test result.

Consult with your ENT specialist for better diagnosis and management.

Dr Hariom Sharma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad