Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for excessive hair loss since long as i have early male alopecia ?

my age is 25,female.earlier i used to have the most beautiful hair ,i have ever comeacross,thick,long,strong,black shiny hair.for the past 10 years now i started loosing hair.for the past 2 years its become too i hardly have any hair.consulted a doc,they said i have early male alopecia .i was using menoxidol ,but of no am half hair in the at all.very hair thin line.i have no thyroid problems.plz do help me
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
Male pattern baldness is difficult to treat as it is because of male hormone.But still you try to reduce stress in your life if any start some multivitamins with minerals .You can use minoxidil if you want it may help .Try applying castor oil to your head daily at night & hope for the best .
Answered: Mon, 7 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurang Krishna's  Response
hi gideon.
are you suffering from female patterened alopecia? I suggest you continue using minoxidil2% lotion twice daily and also take tab biotin 5mg once daily. get your hemoglobin checked to rule out anemia. you must realize that medical treatment has certain limitations and at best may give you20-25% improvement only. you may consider surgical restoration of hair or you may use camouflage therapy for which many options are available.
Answered: Tue, 8 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor