Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for a 9 year old child suffering from inguinal hernia ?

dear sir my self rajiv arora from Moga Punjab (India) My child 9 year old and he suffering from inguinal hernia since last 5 years . What is the right treatment for this surgery or any medicine in ayurveda
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  166
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
The only treatment for hernia is Surgery...called Herniotomy...I think you should get it done as early as possible to avoid complications..
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
As far as I know an inguinal hernia/congenital hydrocele requires Surgery for certain. It is a short procedure and can be done with minimal complications and can ensure cure provided he takes adequate rest and avoids weight bearing for 3-4 weeks after surgery. Do not worry Sir, these surgeries are relatively safe and work the best.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor