What is the prognosis of ALS with total paralysis?

Yes, I m looking for a staight anwer. Thanks for your time. I take care of a very dear friend that has als. I feel she is nearing the end . She is totally paralyzed and can hardly talk or swallow anymore. She has refused any prolonging assistance. Could you possibly give me some kind of time line . Her first symptoms started in 2007, but wasn t officially diagnosed till yearly 2009. Can you give me any info. Thank You, Carma P. Amery, Wi.
Tue, 3 Sep 2019
Neurologist 's  Response

As of you already know, no one knows the exact time for this particular patient. However, other patients similar to him who develop bulbar symptoms (speaking or swallowing issues) usually survive for about two years.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist