• question-icon

What is the cause for stomach pain during period?

Hi Doctor, I have a question... I had my period and at the same time, i started feeling pain in my lower stomach, and i was unable to go to the bathroom.. every time I try going to the bathroom, i get even more pain and i feel it is vertical pain that goes all the way to my stomach... now its 3 days past my period and i am still feeling the pain and nothing has changed and I am still unable to go to the bathroom.. can you please help me?
Thu, 27 Feb 2014
Hi. There can be so many reasons for this happening. It can be urine infection (cystitis) or severe pelvic infection.Did you get periods in time or delayed. Please see your dr. and get a scan done alongwith urine test, and take treatment accordingly.For the time being, take some urinary analgesic like Urispas and some anti- inflammatory drugs. Thanks.