What causes pinching pain in the back?

Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 25 Sep 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello Dr,
Occasionally since couple of days i get Electric shock pain in the left palm/ fingers and simultaneously on the left side of the cheek. Sometimes only on the right palm but not on the cheek. And pinching pain in the back for few mins now and disappears..
What could be the issue ? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
These point out to a lesion in Cervical Spinal Cord

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthCareMagic.com I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

Your Complaints are
1. Electric shock pain in the left palm/ fingers and simultaneously on the left side of the cheek.
2. Sometimes only on the right palm but not on the cheek.
3. And pinching pain in the back for few mins now and disappears..

To Proceed, you need to undergo
Clinical Examination
Fundus Examination
Cranial Nerves Examination
Motor Power Assessment
Examination of Sensory System
Reflex Measurement

I would request you to consult a Neurosurgeon in person near your place

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Let me know if I can assist you further.

-oOo-

PS 1 : After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

PS 2 : In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at http://bit.ly/askdrbruno
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T