What causes dizziness while on Stemetil?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 31 Oct 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi
i have had dizziness with the feeling that my eyes were shaking .several times over the last 24 hours and several times over the last couple of weeks. It is an unfamiliar feeling that come over me like a wave.

This morning it happened twice and I lied down now it just happen again while already lying down typing this.

Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be related to the inner ear.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.

Dizziness has many possible causes, including inner ear disturbance. The sense of balance depends on the combined input from the various parts of your sensory system. Then there are your Eyes, which help you determine where your body is in space and how it's moving. Sensory nerves, which send messages to your brain about body movements and positions and third is the Inner ear, which houses sensors that help detect gravity and back-and-forth motion.

As your dizziness is recurrent from few month few tests should be done to rule out inner ear involvement:

Audiometry pure tone.
Caloric test of the inner ear.
Rinne's test.

These are few basic tests and should be done initially.

Treatment suggested,
Tab Stemetil 5 mg twice daily would provide relief from vertigo.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee