Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

What is the best type and strength of hormone replacement I should be on? Have POF

I am 34 and have been diagnosed with POF since I was 21, but each doctor I ve seen (endo, repro endo and ob/gyn), don t seem convinced of my diagosis because I don t fit the typical picture . Regardless of the cause, I don t believe I ovulate and will not menstruate if I m not on OCPs. My question for each doctor I ve had is what is the best type and strength of hormone replacement should I be on. I have essestially been on OCPs for my entire adult life. I don t feel good though. I don t have much libido. I guess I just don t feel like a woman, and that scares me.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Its safe to continue with OCPs. But if you don't like it, you can take cyclical estrogen (alone: conjugated equine estrogens) followed by estrogen plus progesterone. This will help in all your problems.
Answered: Wed, 17 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor