Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

What is the best treatment for long standing migraines ?

My husband s age 33yrs,weigh 95kgs. My husband has been suffering from severe migrane for years say from his childhood.He could not get it treated yet.He has been living with panadols, sardons etc...He is diabetic too at the borderline ..Isnt there any permanent way to get it treated.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
There is good treatment available for migraines. Does he get watering eyes and runny nose, as well during the headache. He needs to avoid bright light, loud noise, cheese, chocolate, smoking, alcohol. The triptan group of drugs are very helpful to abort an attack. But best would be if you consult a Neurologist to get him on prophylactic treatment as well as immediate treatment to stop the attacks. This will prevent further attacks as well. Eat healthy. Drink enough water. Exercise daily. His Diabetes needs to be under control as well with proper diet and exercise.
Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor