• question-icon

What does these chest x ray indicate?

i have done xrey report came there is minimal enlargement of cardiac shadow due to left ventricle with increased in cardio thoracic ratio noted. there is unfloding of aorta noted. lungs filds show bilateral halar and basal bronchial congection

it is treateable or not...

Wed, 30 Sep 2015
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello, The unfolding of aorta is a normal phenomenon with increasing age. However other finding like cardiac enlargement and evidence of pulmonary venous congestion warranty further investigation.
You need to get a 2D echo cardiography, and based on the result further treatment plan to be decided.
Yes it's a treatable , however we need to find the cause and treat it effectively for maximum benefit.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody