• question-icon

What does the mammography with Birad 3 indicate?

hello i am padmaja i am 28 years old for past 25 days i am suffering for left side breast pain and my gynaecologist give me "simrose" tablets and she suggest for mammography test in that " BIRAD 3"so i want know that what is my condition what is this birad 3 .please solve my problem thank you.
Fri, 20 Jun 2014
Radiologist 's  Response
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.
BIRADS is a system in which we grade the breast lesions from grade 0 to 6.
BIRADS 3 is a lesion which is probably benign but needs follow up. So in your condition you have a breast lesion which is benign but you should follow up with mammography/usg after 6 months to check whether it has increased/decreased in size. Simrose tablets is used in this condition and helps in decreasing the size of the lesion. Most likely you have a fibroadenoma.
Hope it sorts your problem and wishing you a speedy recovery.
Dr. Pankaj Nagori
Specialist Radiology