What could cause on and off big red spots on legs and calf?

my 12 month old woke up with 2-3 inch red spots on his legs yesterday after his nap. this morning they were gone from his leg but a new one was on his other leg even bigger. he just woke up from his afternoon nap and that one is gone and now he has one that covers the whole back part of his calf. it doesn t seem to itch or bother him. we thought it was a spider bite initially but we started checking his bed for spiders before we put him in it and haven t found any. what can be causing this?
Thu, 14 Nov 2019

It seems to be urticaria which is an allergic reaction of the skin. It has multiple causes like infections, drugs, food, thyroid dysfunction and sometimes occurs without any cause.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, Dermatologist