What causes persistent fatigue and dizziness after a spider bite?

Neurologist
Question
My mother is an active, young, 82 yo who started experiencing weakness, lethargy, dizziness and mobility problems 3 months ago. Now she can barely walk. A recent MRI shows she has multiple lesions on her frontal and parietal lobes. PET scan was negative. She has seen a radiation oncologist, oncologist and neurologist. All doctors are “baffled” as to what’s wrong with her. She has a history of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, renal cancer and colon cancer (all primary, not metastatic) 12 years ago.

She was bitten by unidentifiable poisonous spider in September which is in line with when her problems started. Could this be related? Please help. She is being scheduled for a spinal tap as the lesions are “too whispy” to have biopsy. Please help.

Thank you,
Rosey XXXXXXX
Thu, 10 May 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload mri images and get csf done

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.

Multiple brain lesions should be evaluated for metastasis at this age with past history of cancer.
Cerebrospinal fluid examination may be helpful in evaluating any malignant cells.
Other possibilities of infection can be evaluated through csf.
CSF examination should be sent for routine cells, protein, sugar, malignant cells, virology and tuberculi bacilli.
Please upload the mri images.
Not likely to be related to spider bite.

Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist