What causes white spots on the body after bitten by a spider?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
I think i just got bit by a spider. A lot of white spots that look like pimples, its red and swelling.
Thu, 10 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
I request you to kindly upload an image of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.
Do you have any associated symptoms like itching? burning? pain?
I would like to rule out possibility of shingles because it is often confused it with a spider bite in individuals over 50yrs. If the rash is in a stripe or band like pattern and only on one side of the midline I would think of shingles.

Follow-up: What causes white spots on the body after bitten by a spider? 15 minutes later
Ok i will take pic and download. it may take a few minutes.Where is the report section

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Use a topical antibiotic ointment

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
It actually looks like a spider bite. I suggest you to apply a topical antibiotic e.g neosporin ointment or mupirocin ointment, twice daily.