What causes white spots on the body after bitten by a spider?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I think i just got bit by a spider. A lot of white spots that look like pimples, its red and swelling.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
I request you to kindly upload an image of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.
Do you have any associated symptoms like itching? burning? pain?
I would like to rule out possibility of shingles because it is often confused it with a spider bite in individuals over 50yrs. If the rash is in a stripe or band like pattern and only on one side of the midline I would think of shingles.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 15 minutes later
Ok i will take pic and download. it may take a few minutes.Where is the report section
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Use a topical antibiotic ointment

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
It actually looks like a spider bite. I suggest you to apply a topical antibiotic e.g neosporin ointment or mupirocin ointment, twice daily.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj