Owl Image

How can a spider bite on the fingers be treated?

Owl Image
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Question
I think I have a Spider bite on my finger. its been 4 days and its getting more swollen and purple with the edges turning white. Is there anything I can put on it?
Thu, 4 Jan 2018 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infection control guidelines provided in details .

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly with attached photograph .

* There is slough present due to infection .

* Recommendations for better recovery

- Immerse the finger in lukewarm water filled in tub with added antiseptic liquid
10 ml for 5 minutes each 3 times a day .
- After that apply polymycin cream over it , covering it with gauze or bandage
would be appreciable .
- Tab. advil ( 400 ) mg 3 times a day after meals which will act as anti
inflammatory and pain killer .
- In our clinic , we recommend antibiotics as cephalosporin group for which
you require prescription of your doctor .
- Keep your blood sugar under control .

Hope this will help you for sure .

Welcome for any further assistance .
Wishing you fine recovery .

Regards dear take care .