Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

What could be the reason of sudden Foot Pain ?

I am a 14 year old female. Sometimes when I am walking, I feel like all of a sudden the muscle at the bottom of my foot tears . It could also be a cramp . Should I be worried about this problem? If so should I talk to my doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jul 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  224
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
You might have two causes giving rise to this problem.
1,wearing high heal chapples or sandle.
2,if you have flat foot.
Ask your doctor and seek his advice.
ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You are probably suffering from plantar fascitis or arch strain. If you are overweight you need to lose weight. You need to walk less for a while. Take more rest. You can take pain killers and rub pain killing gels on the skin for relief. It should clear in 1-2 weeks if you are careful. You can wear soft MCR slippers for more relief till then. Better to get examined by Orthopaedician for proper diagnosis and adequate treatment to rule out nerve problems as well.
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi Katie,thanks for query.This could be nothing but undue pressure on your foot.May be due to faulty walking style or foot wear are the most common.Please wear proper fitting shoes,avoid heels and very flat one.have some cushion in the base.Watch your gait.Do some warm water message on your foot daily and in case of pain apply some analgesic cream over the area,you will be fine.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor