Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

What could be the pea sized lump above belly button ?

Hi, im 18 and male. theres a small pea sized lump about a centimeter above my belly button. it goes down and flattens when i poke it, but comes back up when i cough or flex my abdomen . any ideas what it is or what to do?
Asked On : Thu, 12 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  320
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
welcome to health care magic
u need to be examined for this ,so its better u contact some surgeon ..he will guide u more better
Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcare magic forum

Since the lump disappears on pressing it and pops out on cough or abdominal pressure suggestive of umbilical hernia.... you are to be clinically examined and if necessary USG will be done.. consult a general surgeon..
Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor