Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

What could be done to remove this spot on my back ?

Hi, i am a 17 year old Chinese(Asian) female going on 18 this year, and i have had a rather large mongolian spot on the top right corner of my back since young. It measures around 4inches by 5inches and is a faint, grey colour with a slight tint of blueishness. I have read many online articles which mentioned that such birthmarks which remain after puberty are usually permanent. Is there any way i can get the spot to lighten significantly, or disappear(besides laser removal)? Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,

Usually mongolian spot disappears gradually with age.If not you can go for lasers .Among lasers, Q-switched Nd:yag laser( 1064 nm) would be the best.Consult a dermatologist who has this particular laser.Creams are not going to give any result on this so, don't waste your time on that.

Answered: Wed, 4 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
mongolian spot is very common in asian skin.
mostly they fade out as age increase.
but in case it remain,dont worry.
LASER is best option for is very effective in this condition.
result may vary.but result is there only.
Answered: Tue, 5 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor