What causes painful red rash under the breast?

Posted on Fri, 23 Jun 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a birthmark under my right breast, and lately (the past three months) I have been getting a red, painful rash under only that breast. It comes and goes, and smells strange due to bacteria of some sort I'm sure. What do I Do? My birthmark has been changing a bit due to this and it worries me.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Either intertrigo or tinea, antifungal cream & antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it seems to be either intertrigo which is inflammation of the body folds or a tinea which is fungal infection of the skin.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply antifungal cream like clotrimazole cream on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg once daily at night.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist