What causes rectal pain?

I woke up this morning feeling internal pain in my anus. I thought it was because I have not been to the Toilet, So I took Liquid Paraffin to soften my bowel we I eventually go to the toilet. But on going to the toilet I found out that my stool was OK and I felt free, but after 5 - 6 mins. I start to feel this pain most especially when am sitting down. I have taken time to look at my anus but there is no swollen or rash just that pain. Though early this year I had this issue of stool blood when ever I go to the toilet but my friend who is a pharmacist told me to take Liquid Paraffin, fruits, fiber and a whole lot of fluid which I have been doing and everything has been OK till this morning. So please am really troubled and I hope its not Pile.
Tue, 18 Dec 2018

Your symptoms seem to be related to internal haemorrhoids. I recommend using an anti haemorrhoids cream such as Prepararion H. I also recommended soaking in warm water for relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician