• question-icon

What causes pain in left upper torso under the armpit?

Hi, for the past week I have been experienceing a weird pain/sensitivity on my left uppper torso under the armpit area which extends around my shoulder blade at the back and sometimes on the left side of my pectoral muscle. I say sometimes because the intensity if the pain shifts from one place to another in the areas mentioned above. I have been taking strong ibuprofen and this seems to help but the discomfort and pain comes back everyday. It is more noticeable when I move these areas of my body. Can you please help?
Wed, 4 Dec 2019

There are many medical conditions related to the pain that you are feeling. One of the common causes can be a muscle strain. I suggest using Baclofen three times a day.

I also suggest using a magnesium supplement and warm compresses in the area of the pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
General & Family Physician Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi's  Response

There are many medical conditions related to the pain that you are feeling.

One of the common causes can be a muscle strain. I suggest using Baclofen three times a day. I also suggest using a magnesium supplement and warm compresses at the area of the pain.