What causes pain and drooping of ears?

I am 33 and in good health. I should get to the gym more often and drop some of the stress I take on, however I am average size and weight. My right eye starting drooping a month ago and along with it has come a pain just behind and above my right ear. The pain is not extreme but it is there everytime I blink. Even if my eyes are closed and i move them around I can feel the pain. I had the flu the past week and endured high fever but I am getting better and it seems like that pain behind my ear has gotten worse or more noticeable.
Thu, 26 Aug 2021

You are having right eye drooping, it can be due to ptosis, muscle weakness of the eye lid, damage to the nerves that control the eyelid, facial nerve palsy, etc. The right ear pain is commonly due to dental infection, dental abscess, allergies, otitis media, otitis externa, wax, etc.

You are suggested to get clinically examined by an ENT, get all the tests and investigations done. You will be accordingly treated. In the meantime, for relief you can take pain relieving medicine, Ibuprofen/ Combiflam, one SOS when pain. Take food good for the nerves, include vitamin B6, B12 rich food in your diet.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician