What causes mild pain in the knee while resting and sleeping?

I am 31 yr old, and had been a regular football player in past, though from last 8-9yr i had not played that football, sometimes when go for a morning walk a feel that my knee joint has become loose and knee is not properly supporting body structure while walking or running though althere is no pain in my knee while walking or running but some time i feel a mild paing while resting or sleeping. What could be the possible cause of this problem.
Fri, 29 Nov 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response

Your symptoms could be related to arthritis or chronic vitamin D deficiency. For this reason, I recommend consulting with an orthopedist, performing a knee joint MRI and checking vitamin D and electrolytes plasma levels.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist