What causes inconsistencies in stool formation?

Hi Doctor

I have had problems with my stools, for over 4 mths now, i have had No Solid stools at all, my stools start off as a soft consistency and end with an extra soft consistency, many times runny. also it is very hard to clean from my behind, i have to use about 3/4 of a roll of toilet paper each time I go, plus wet wipes to clean myself, i have been going to the toilet between 1-3 times each day, many times it comes out with great force and diarrhoea like, at times i have only just reached the toilet , or do not managed to make the toilet in time, the stool itself look’s like it has lots of extra intestinal fluid at the end, and is of a much lighter colour, it also has a distinct extra strong terrible smell, but not the type of smell the you would associate with a Natural stool.

I have a generally Good diet.

I am asking for you advise over the internet because of two main reasons ( One It is very very embarrassing, And two I have noticed that I have started to loose some weight over the past 4-5 weeks.

Do I still leave it and see if it finally stops ? which was what I was hopping for.

Also; do you have any idea of what this “Could “ be ? Or what “Could” be causing it ?

My very brief medical history ( I am a Male, 49 yrs old ). “On and off” over the last 5 years I have had blood burst out from my behind which smothers the whole toilet ( I have No haemorrhoids And have Never had haemorrhoids ) I have also had bouts of Soft black tar like stools which are almost impossible to wipe off from my behind ( I was told by my GP this was probably blood in my stool ) I also had constipation in the early stages of my toilet problems, But I did not pursue it any further because of the embarrassment.

I have been under a neurologist for a 7year history of ridged muscles / stiff joints / jerks / tremor and related excessive pain Etc, The muscle problem has distorted some of my trunk bones, ( Condition is assumed to be Stiff person Syndrome ) Or another related autoimmune condition. I also have server damage between cervical spine joints in neck between ( C5 / C6 ) & ( C6 / C7 ) Which is an early onset of an arthritic condition, I have just had another M.R.I neck, 3 years after my first Neck M.R.I, Still waiting for comparison update, Plus all in all I started having breathing problems 3 years ago ( So I stopped smoking 2 ½ Years ago ) But over the 3 years my breathing has got much worse And I have now also been diagnosed With a C.O.P.D ( Due to something about 74% lung capacity and a restrictive problem due to no flexibility within my airways, so I take one Spiriva 18 mg capsule via an inhaler Each day, but it does not help much, I I had an 8 X Dosage test with a Ventolin pump on a machine under test conditions, but the results showed it did not help my breathing at all.

Meds; that I have been taken and constantly reviewed and adjusted by my Neurologist are; Diazepam / Phenytoin / Pregabalin / Ibuprofen / Amitriptyline at night ( Amitriptyline at night ,Very low dosage to help with night time nerve pain) I have been on these meds for some time, I have had no change in meds over the last 12 mths, So I don’t think they are contributing factor to the change in my toilet stool’s !

Kind regards

Mr A Evans

Wed, 9 May 2018