• question-icon

What causes hormone imbalance?

I used to get frequent head aches(migraine) and i have irregular periods(confirmed as starting stage of PCO by Scan), i thought both doesn't have a link and i was consulting two different doctors for it. but i come to know that both are related to Hormone imbalance and the reason behind is weak liver. Is really a weak liver is the problem for my hormone level imbalance? i was suggested to take Livogen by my friends. To which specialist i can approach and what kind a tests need to taken to know what is the exact problem behind. please help me. Thanks in advance.
Tue, 13 Dec 2016
Endocrinologist 's  Response
I read carefully your concern.
PCOS is an isolated pathology not related to liver function. In most of the cases it is the main cause of irregular cycle.
It is true that liver pathologies may alternate the hormonal levels due to low protein binding hormones, but in these cases the free level of the hormones is checked.
For a personalised comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, or individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link:
HCM Dr. Guni

Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta