What causes breathing difficulty, and restless leg syndrome?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here... My 8 y.o. daughter had a sleep study. She stopped breathing 2 times an hour and was also diagnosed with restless leg syndrome. We saw an ENT who suggested an adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy, although her tonsils are not enlarged and he could not see her adenoids that well. Is it normal to not get an xray first? Would you recommend getting a 2nd opinion?
Fri, 30 Mar 2018
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response

Restless leg syndrome is not related to breathing difficulty. Start iron or calcium supplements to your baby for the same. Breathing difficulty during sleep is due to adenoid or enlarged tonsils. X-ray neck has done for adenoids. Tonsils have seen physically.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sachin Kumar Agarwal